Associate Pastor – Youth Ministries
A little about us:
We’re 250 (or so who call this church their home) ordinary, real people who’ve been welcomed by Jesus—singles, couples, and families of all sorts of backgrounds, ages, experiences, vocations, interests, perspectives and gifts.
Encountering the love of God in Jesus, we as a church want to love God and to share that love with everyone else. We certainly don’t do it perfectly, but we’re excited about what we’re learning and how we’re changing. You can read more about our values and core practices on our webpage. You can also get a feel for who we are by checking out our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
What you may not catch, however, is the energy that comes from the many youth and children who are integrated into the life of our church. In this past year over 200 children and youth have participated in at least one of our programs, including 70+ youth regularly attending our mid-week programs. We’re so excited about the work God is doing through these ministries, and we want to continue to invest intentionally and strategically in the next generation.
About the applicant:
- Loves Jesus and is committed to a vibrant, prayerful and growing relationship with Him
- Has a passion for being with young people and their families
- Shows maturity and wisdom regardless of age
- Is willing to learn and grow in character and personal/professional development
- Able to communicate with humility, both formally and informally
- Able to lead and organize people
- Is willing to align with the MB Confession of Faith
- Preference will be given to an individual with Biblical/Theological education
Primary areas of focus:
- Leading the Youth Ministry programming
- Empowering and developing a team of volunteers to help lead in the youth ministry
- Building relationship with young people
- Working within our current philosophy of ministry and ministry focus
- Serving in other areas, dependant on gifts
About the role:
- This position is 0.80 FTE (4 days/week equivalent)
- This position is joining an experienced Pastoral Team. Our staff functions as a team – blending some of the pastoral responsibilities.
- Compensation is based on our current Hepburn MB salary grid
Complete job description can be found here: Job Description
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until June 15 or until the position is filled.
If you have any interest or further questions, please feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to talk with you about how God may be leading you to serve here in Hepburn.